#FollowHim Adventist Mission Film Contest
Introducing the #FollowHim Adventist Mission film contest! Students aged 18 and under around the world are invited to creatively tell the world how mission inspires them to follow God every day!
Submit your film by March 31, 2019, for your chance to win great prizes! BONUS: The first place prize also comes with an awesome prize for the student's mentor of choice!
Prompt: How does mission inspire you to follow God?
Length: 1 minute or less (including 3 seconds of the contest logo at the end—download here: bit.ly/2DxjiIe)
Resolution: Minimum—HD, 1080x720 pixels. Recommended—Full HD, 1920 x 1080 pixels.
Eligibility: Students ages 18 and under, who are Seventh-day Adventist Christians or who attend an Adventist-affiliated school.
Deadline: March 31, 2019
Cost: Entry is free.
All films must be submitted with a completed entry form through AdventistMission.org/FollowHim by 11:59 p.m. (UTC-11) on March 31, 2019.
First Place: The winner will receive a Canon M100 Mirrorless Camera with lens. BONUS: The winner's mentor of choice (teacher, pastor, etc.) will receive a 1-year online learning subscription to either Masterclass or Skillshare.
Second Place: The winner will receive a LitraPro Bi-Color Light.
Third Place: The winner will receive a Langly Simple Camera Bag.
Make sure you’re eligible to enter the contest.
To be eligible, you must meet ALL of the following:
- A) Be 18 years old or younger at the time of entry
- B) Be enrolled in school or be a recent secondary (high) school graduate
- C) Self-identify as a Seventh-day Adventist Christian AND/OR attend a Seventh-day Adventist school
- D) Not be an immediate family member to anyone who works for Adventist Mission at the General Conference
If you are 18 years of age, please download and sign the permission form below that indicates that you have read and agree to the rules, terms, and conditions of the contest. Then upload the form with your online entry.
If you are under 18 years of age, ask your parent or legal guardian to sign the permission form below allowing you to enter the contest. Then upload the form with your online entry.
Download and print the permission form here: bit.ly/2R8HS5I
Get creative and make your film! Make sure you read and understand all the rules. Questions? Contact us.
- Answer the prompt. How does mission inspire you to follow God?
- Keep your video under 1 minute in length. Include this 3-second logo screen at the end of your video. (Download here: bit.ly/2DxjiIe).
- Record your video in at least HD (1080x720 px). Full HD is even better. If you’re using a smartphone to record your video, please select this resolution.
Upload your edited video to either YouTube or Vimeo by 11:59 pm (UTC-11) on March 31, 2019, using the entry form below.
NOTE: The permission form must be signed and uploaded as either a PDF, JPG, or PNG file.
Stay in the know with the latest contest news!
Q: Can I enter more than one film?
A: No, only one film per student will be accepted.
Q: Can my friends and I work together on a film?
A: Yes, but only one prize will be given. The group must determine the primary student to receive the prize.
Q: Is this open to students from any country?
A: Yes, this is a global contest! If you meet all eligibility requirements, you can enter the contest.
1. To be eligible, entrants must 1) be 18 years of age or younger at the time of entry, 2) be current students or recent secondary (high) school graduates, and 3) self-identify as Seventh-day Adventist Christians and/or attend a Seventh-day Adventist-affiliated educational institution.
2. Films must be 60 seconds or less in length and must include 3 seconds of black at the end. Submissions may be disqualified for exceeding this time limit. (The 3 seconds of black is to leave space for the contest logo for the winning films.)
3. All films must have a resolution of at least 1080 x 720 pixels. A resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels is recommended.
4. Films not in English must be subtitled or dubbed in English. The only exception is if there is no spoken word.
5. Films must be completed and submitted with an entry form through AdventistMission.org/followhim by 23:59 (UTC-11) on March 31, 2019.
6. Films must follow the “#FollowHim” theme and portray uplifting messages, refraining from inappropriate material, offensive language, nudity, or sexually explicit scenes. Adventist Mission has the absolute and sole discretion to determine whether the submission is offensive or inappropriate.
7. Films must not promote a specific organization or entity that is not listed in the Seventh-day Adventist Yearbook. No paid commercial, theatrical, or TV releases will be accepted for competition.
8. Films submitted for past Adventist Mission competitions are not eligible for entry.
9. The first-place winner of any past Adventist Mission film contest is NOT eligible for entry. Past entrants who received other prizes are eligible for entry.
10. Adventist Mission has the absolute and sole discretion to reject any video entry for any reason.
11. Major creative or production roles must be filled by students or recent graduates. Adventist Mission reserves the right to disqualify a film if there is significant creative influence by parents, teachers, or other professionals.
12. Filmmakers are responsible for obtaining all licenses, rights, permissions, waivers, and/or releases for all protected material utilized (e.g., music, images, video clips, or actors/subjects used in the film) and must be able to submit evidence of the right to use the protected material in the submitted film.
13. Only one entry is permitted per person.
14. Winners will be notified by an Adventist Mission representative in April 2019 via email. Filmmakers are responsible for ensuring that the email address used in their entry form is accurate. Adventist Mission is not liable for emails delayed by spam filters, server rejections, outdated email addresses, or any other technical or human error. Prizes will be forfeit if Adventist Mission is unable to contact a winner within a reasonable time, as determined exclusively and indisputably by Adventist Mission. Winners will be publicly announced online and via social media.
15. Contest entry is free. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. A purchase or donation does not increase chances of winning.
16. Adventist Mission employees and immediate family members are NOT eligible to participate in Adventist Mission’s film contest.
17. By participating, you agree to be fully, unconditionally bound by these rules, terms, and conditions. You represent and warrant that you meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Adventist Mission as final and binding as it relates to the content of this contest.
FAILURE TO ABIDE BY ALL THE CONTEST RULES MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION.
Your submission represents that the film is an original work; that all rights and clearances have been obtained; and further agrees to indemnify and hold Adventist Mission, its successors and assigns, harmless from any claim arising out of this film.
You understand and agree that the General Conference on behalf of the Office of Adventist Mission (“Adventist Mission”), anyone acting on behalf of Adventist Mission’s name, and its successors and assigns shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent. Your submission into the Contest grants Adventist Mission permission to contact you, the Filmmaker, through any medium, including but not limited to email, phone call, standard mail, or in person, regarding contest results, prizes, verification of eligibility, and for other processes necessary for the proper execution of the Contest.
No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. A prize of similar value may be substituted if listed prize becomes unavailable, if shipping or import duties make costs prohibitive, or if the prize cannot be delivered because of country limitations or restrictions. Prizes are rendered void if not accepted for any reason within one year from the date of close of the Contest. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Adventist Mission to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
This license shall be governed by the laws of the United States and the State of Maryland without consideration of conflicts of the law provisions and principles. All claims between the parties, regardless of the legal theory and whenever brought, shall be resolved in the State or U.S. District Court in Maryland. The Filmmaker expressly stipulates to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the state of Maryland.
This license constitutes the entire agreement between the parties with respect to the use of films and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous understandings regarding such subject matter. No amendment to or modification of this License will be binding unless in writing and signed by an authorized representative of Adventist Mission. Nothing in this Agreement constitutes a waiver of Adventist Mission’s rights under U.S. patent and copyright laws or any other Federal or State law, nor of any Federal or State law, nor of any of Adventist Mission’s rights under this agreement.
ADVENTIST MISSION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REMOVE A FILM FROM THE CONTEST FOR ANY REASON OR FOR NO REASON AND SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIMS OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF SUCH REMOVAL.
#FollowHim was created by Adventist Mission to spark interest in mission involvement in student and young filmmakers.
Please review all contest rules, terms, and conditions. By submitting your film, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to all terms and conditions.